Hudson Park Primary School aims to develop inspiring learning environments.
In English our whole school priorities are:
- High impact evidence-based literacy approaches which will be constantly refined to explicitly meet the needs of students such as phonological awareness, Sounds-Write, and Talk for Writing.
- Focus on Reading Comprehension strategies, Fluency and Vocabulary structures Kindergarten to year 6.
- Focus on Oral language Kindergarten to Year 2
- Balanced Play-based learning and explicit teaching format in Kindergarten to Year 2
- Daily sentence writing lesson model and consistent approach across the school including sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and descriptive language.
- Daily Reviews across the whole school.
- Data informed Practice- focus on the impact of teaching
- Response to Intervention- Focus on intervention programs address PA in the early years and Phonics (Sounds-Write k-2 and MACQLIT Years 3-5